keskiviikko 19. huhtikuuta 2017

"Good training leads to important results!"

Kirjoittanut/By: Yarub Al-Jarrah
Piirin suomen kielen harjoittelija


"Since day one I realized how important, interesting and challenging internship could be."
 

11.2. isn't just an ordinary day, it's the most important number as well... a number to save people's lives.

So that was when the first day of the training for me has started in the Red Cross, although this time I am not a volunteer but a "harjoittelija" in the SPR. First task was attending the "Auttajakurssi", precise date was 11th of February. It was unusually busy Saturday morning. Many people were outside: adults, kids, children, all went to learn more about the first aid basics. Besides that, many firemen, paramedics, and vehicles came around, several trainers were telling people about their jobs and skills. They also gave a chance to people and their children to play with the well-trained lovely dogs!

At Yliopistonkatu 24, a bit before 9:00 am we started to prepare the class with the guide-materials, first-aid equipment and snacks were
also ready to serve... 

Thanks to Kirsi and others who contributed, we had two different groups. First one practiced, learned and had fun and the other group was also all active and eager to practice. Therefore, after that day we discussed to have the course material in English, Arabic and Russian possibly. We decided that I can give the same first-aid course for other people in English or Arabic.

Jussi Vierimaa / Lähde: SPR
We arranged an activity in Pansio reception center for the asylum seekers. I felt excited and little nervous. I met some people I know, old friends and new ones as well. The class went smoothly and was entertaining. I felt satisfied about the results as I taught others for the first time, it's not something I am used to. So we did a second one, this time in Vimma, for group of multicultural people and students. I told them about 112 app and the Red Cross app, and how to use these apps and their beneficial using demand that it's very important to provide a first aid if needed and how it makes a difference to be a first-aider.


One more time we planned to arrange a class of the first aid and this time we go a bit further than Turku. We visited Halikko to talk with people about first aid and trained them. They warmly welcomed us and this time some little kids and mothers participated. I felt so proud and so happy to them listening and answering my questions. They were doing the whole training for the first aid, different ages boys and girls. We had a really special and amazing day in the reception center of Halikko, around 18 people participated.

So far I have been training the "Auttajakurssi" to about 50 people in a month or so. I am so glad now when I am writing this blog. I feel I would do more courses to several people in some languages, it's such a great thing to give people a possibility to save someone's life. I really appreciate all my friends and their help and support in the Red Cross and all the participants. Thanks for all of you and expect my visitation next time, maybe we talk about the first aid together!

Do you know what to do in an emergency situation? Click here and do the test [unfortunately only in Finnish]